The Opel 1.6L Z16LET pistons are developed for mild to high tuning, mainly for road or club race cars that want to develop their engine for high mileage and/or street use. Designed by ZRP engineers and manufactured in Germany from 4032 (T6) high-silicon, low-expansion alloy. This allows the engine builder to run a closer piston to bore clearance thus producing a better seal. This minimizes the slapping noise during cold start, common place among engines running forged pistons, providing a quite operation and low oil consumption.
We have chosen a Full round skirt design with bottom reinforcing band, with offset pins for quiet operation and the wrist pins are made from 9310 alloy. Other features include Anti-detonation grooves to protect the first rings, gas pressure accumulator groove for better ring seal and vibration relieve. Premium Japanese quality 1.00mm x 1.20mm x 2.80mm ring package included.
Product Features and Design
- Anti-detonation grooves for long wear life and performance
- Gas pressure accumulator groove in the 2nd ring land for longer wear life.
- Horizontal slots in the pin bore designed to allow oil to enter between the wrist-pin and pin-bore area.
- Precision CNC machined ring grooves
- 4032-T6 high-silicon / low-expansion alloy
- Honed pin bores
- Full Round skirt design with bottom reinforcing band for High HP/Boost applications
- Pistons designed to optimize squish for longer engine life and increased horsepower potential
Optional coatings offered per request
- Thermal barrier coating “Blast Off Bronze”
- Moly Side-Skirt and Under-Crown coating “Stealth Black”