Connecting Rods Installation Instructions
|Please read installation instructions thoroughly before starting the build. Proceed with installation, only when they are completely comprehended.|
- First thing you need to do when you get the bolts is to measure them so you are sure you have the correct size. Please note that many bolts may look alike but have differences. After you have measured the bolts, you must clean the threads of the rods and bolts very well.
- Next, always apply ARP moly lube on the threads and under the head of the bolts when torqueing.
- Install rods by positioning cap and beam into alignment. Each rod is numbered and MUST be assembled with the same number on the cap and beam.
- Sequentially torque bolts to specified torque NOT exceeding the specified values on the table below:
ROD TORQUE / STRETCH SPECS
Recommended Bolt Stretch
.0055″ – .0060″
.0050″ – .0055″
.0062″ – .0065″
.0050″ – .0055″
.0060″ – .0065″
* L19 material: Is easily contaminated and subject to stress corrosion. It must be kept well-oiled and not exposed to moisture
* UHL: Means “Under Head Length». The distance as measured from tip of the fastener to place directly at the base of the head.
ARP LUBE: We recommend to only using the supplied ARP Ultra torque fastener assembly lube. ARP lube reduces friction about 25-30% in comparison to engine oil.
The above mentioned values are valid only if the thread and seat area of the bolt has been lubed properly!!!
Note: If any of the bolts have taken a permanent set and have stretched by .001″ (0.02mm) or longer you should replace the bolts IMMEDIATELY!
Critical Clearance Guide
- Connecting rod bearing to crankshaft clearance should be .002″ (0.05mm) minimum and .003″ (0.07mm) maximum. The measurement should be vertical.
- The recommended wrist pin clearance is .0008″ (0.02mm) minimum and .0015″ (0.04mm) maximum. In some case, depending on the wrist pin diam. the rods may require resizing at the time of installation.
- Side clearance should be .015″ (0.38mm) minimum and .025″ (0.63mm) maximum.
- The Clearance between engine block and the connecting rods and crankshaft should be .061″(1.54) minimum.
Important Note: If for some reason you want to balance the connecting rods it is not recommended to remove material from connecting rod cap.
Located In The Center of Athens
16, Trofoniou Street, Athens,
Phone: +30 2108251640